Over the past couple of weeks, our readership has grown exponentially given the concern of the proposed Niagara Bottling Company project and the amount of information provided here.
With it, citizens have done an impressive job in learning more (and very quickly I might add) to craft thoughtful speeches, ask insightful questions and to do it all with a pointed focus, grace and eloquence.
I have received hundreds of emails from citizens during this time period who wish to share their experience or to relay important information on the proposed water sale.
It’s completely inspiring, but has been somewhat of a puzzle to figure out the best way to relay the many points of view of the public for the public.
KingstonCitizens.org introduces “What I Saw, Did You Know?” It’s a place where citizens can share their experience and relay recently acquired knowledge for others to benefit.
Here’s how it works:
1. CATEGORY: For now, our category is the proposed Niagara Bottling Company Project.
2. WHAT I SAW: Write one page on a meeting you attended, a visit to a site, an article you read, a conversation with an elected official or citizen (it can also include what you heard). Keep it clean and above the belt (if you can).
3. REPORT: What one new thing did you learn that you’d like to share with the public. Please provide links in your piece as back up to your research.
4. WHO ARE YOU?: Imagine a world where anonymous was no more? I would really love if you’d tell us who you are, your city/town and email address. That way, you can be contacted by another citizen who might wish to connect. I totally understand if you’d rather not. In that case, please share your city/town and email address.
5. SUBMIT: to firstname.lastname@example.org I’m starting a whole new section and will post for readers.
It takes a village as they say. Help me in expanding our knowledge on all of the implications of the proposed Niagara Bottling Company project.