On Friday, February 9th Environmental Advocacy Director Hayley Carlock and Land Use Advocacy Director Jeffrey Anzevino of Scenic Hudson joined close to 50 Town of Ulster residents and two Town Board Members (Morrow and Secreto) to discuss the Lincoln Park Grid Support Center’s SEQRA process and why public participation in developing the scope for the environmental impact statement is important.
“Public involvement reduces the likelihood that unaddressed issues will arise during public review of the draft EIS. From the public’s perspective, scoping is important because it offers an opportunity to ensure the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) is as comprehensive as possible to minimize the project’s environmental impact on the community. It also increases the likelihood the project will be consistent with community values.”
Presented by Scenic Hudson. Sponsored by KingstonCitizens.org in partnership with CAPP-NY, Catskill Mountainkeeper, Riverkeeper and the Woodstock Land Conservancy.
Thanks to The Kingston News for filming this event, brought to you by KingstonCitizens.org.
KingstonCitizens.org wishes to welcome our new sister organization TownOfUlsterCitizens.org, a non-partisan, citizen run organization focused on increasing citizen engagement and creating a better Town of Ulster, NY. VIEW
WHAT WE RECOMMEND
1. Town of Ulster Citizens should attend the next Town Board meeting on Thursday, February 15th and request a longer public comment period (90 days). VIEW
2. The public and municipal leaders are invited to attend the upcoming educational panel “Battery Storage, Climate, and the Grid: An Educational Forum hosted by Citizens for Local Power” presented by Citizens For Local Power on February 13th. VIEW
1. TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 13th at 7pm: “Battery Storage, Climate, and the Grid: An Educational Forum hosted by Citizens for Local Power”. VIEW
2. THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 15th at 7pm: Town of Ulster Town Board Meeting. Citizens should request for a longer public comment period in the Scoping process.
VIEW Petition Language
3. THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 22nd. Public Scoping Meeting, Town of Ulster VIEW
4. THURSDAY, MARCH 22nd. Deadline for written comments.
1. Draft Scope for Lincoln Park Grid Support Center. VIEW
2. Concept Plan: Lincoln Park Grid Support Center. VIEW
3. Full EIS Part 1. VIEW
4. Full EIS Part 2. VIEW
5. FEAF for the Lincoln Park Grid Support Center. VIEW