The natural gas leak that occurred last night on Broadway near City Hall posed no threat to residents, according to a Kingston Daily Freeman article.
That’s good news. But it does bring up an important point about natural gas safety. Homeowners need to check their heating systems regularly to make sure it is operating properly. Leaks are dangerous, and qualified technicians need to make careful inspections.
An excellent resource to find natural gas safety tips is the Central Hudson website, which urges inspections and maintenance as well as installing CO2 detectors.