– Why do they want to bottle our water?
– Is it because Cooper Lake is in the town of Woodstock?, put another label on the famous name again?
– What is the point of bottling our water? to make a profit? of what we need on a daily basis?
– It is so damn arrogant of any corporation to even think of doing this. Cooper Lake is not a spring -like they have in Maine, or other places that have beautiful scenery.
This is our water – NOT FOR PROFIT-
I hope, and pray the town of Ulster’s planning board or the DEC, or other interested or involved agencies don’t get railroaded into this to make a tax profit. If this corporation gets in, then others may try to join in, even if it is environmentally vulnerable for the area.
– Start-up NY needs to figure a way to bring other kinds of business here that will help the economy, other than detain a necessity of something we need on a daily basis. like our water.
BTW – check the documentary out -regarding what Nestle does with other communities. and how they railroad other towns, and cities- just because the Ceo thinks that water is not a necessity, it is more of a profit instead.
Another thing, It is ironic that the town of Ulster planning board was drinking bottled water at the last meeting – check the tape.
– Roxanne Grieve-Smith