Experience the Power of Wind!
Coinciding with the Junior Naturalist Program at Forsyth Nature Center is this weeklong series for 6th and 7th graders.
Topics to be covered include:
– How wind energy works
– Residential-scale wind turbines
– Utility-scale wind turbines
– Wind energy and New York State
– Wind energy and the natural environment
– The history of wind energy
– New developments in wind energy
– Careers in wind energy
When: August 9 through August 13 from 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Where: Forsyth Nature Center in Kingston.
For Who: Open to all 6th to 7th grade students.
What else? A field trip to an alternative energy lab is
Cost: Only $50 per student for five sessions. ($10 off for enrolled 4-H members).
Sign up today! Space is limited!
Click HERE for the Registration form.
For more information, email:
Cornell Cooperative Extension Ulster County